Hello and welcome to my blog. It’s lovely to have you here today.
Please tell is about yourself.
Hi, my name is Daisy Philips. I’m originally from a small town in Nova Scotia, Canada but grew up and still live in Toronto. Besides books, I love photography and travel. I’ve been to more than twenty countries so far. I’ve just started publishing with Evernight, with 3 Dave & Lida Romance on the Go books accepted. Book 1, Turning Tricks has been published. Crawl for Me will come out in May. I don’t have a date for Bad Teacher, but I’m expecting it to be out in June. I’ve also written a number of books under the name Diane Leyne.
SC: I have yet to read any of your books but I’m putting them on the list 🙂 and it’s lovely to meet you.
Do you write full time?
I wish I could write full time, but I work a day job that I enjoy.
SC: I hope you get your wish soon.
What got you started writing?
I’ve always been a reader, and like so many people, I’ve always wanted to give it a try. I’ve made a number of false starts over the years. The biggest challenge for me was novel length. And then I realized that ebooks could be shorter. Last Christmas, when I realized this, I thought, no time like the present and wrote my first book. Sixteen months later, I have more than twenty published books.
SC: That is amazing and thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.
What words would best describe your books?
Hot. LOL. I also always write strong heroines. Even if they start off unsure or insecure, they always have an inner strength. Their men don’t complete them. They are complete people without a man. But they do find love and greater happiness with a partner or partners.
SC: They sound wonderful.
What are you working on now?
I’m actually working on three books:
- A new Daisy Philips series called “The Want Ads”, book 1, “A Sub for Rent”
- Two series sequels, “Betrayed by Wolves” is the 5th Call of the Wolf book and “Running From Satisfaction / Welcome to Libertine Island” is the 6th book in both the Satisfaction Texas and Libertine Island series’.
- Oh, make that 4 books. I’m working on an idea for the next Dave & Lida adventure.
SC: Wow, a lot going on, I love it.
Tell us about your book here.
My series with Evernight is “Dave & Lida”. What makes it unusual is that all the books in the series feature Dave & Lida. They were high school sweethearts and now have been married almost fifteen years and have three children under the age of ten. With their own mothers teaming up to take the kids one weekend a month, Dave and Lida decide to spice up their love life with roll play. In the first book, Turning Tricks, Lida was desperate for money and picked up a lonely business man. In Crawl for Me, Dave’s a tough business man and Lida is the temp who is willing to play the puppy. Book 3 is Bad Teacher. In this one, Lida gets to be on top as the teacher/Domme who holds Dave’s promotion in her hands.
SC: I’ve added all the details below 🙂
Three to five interesting facts about yourself or your writing. This can be your series, characters or even down to what you do in your down time.
1.Even though a number of my books are set in the Pacific Northwest, I’ve never visited the area, although I’ve always wanted to. On the other hand, I’ve visited St. Maarten several times and the hotel I describe is where I like staying when I’m on the island.
2. I wrote my first paranormal based on a scene that came to me. I always wondered why people took the genre so seriously. One day, this scene just appeared to me, fully formed. The heroine got tired of the hero spying on her in his wolf-dog form, so she decides to teach him a lesson making his eat kibble and go to the vet for his shots. Because of this, I had to write an entire book around it.
3. I love photography, although I don’t do as much as I used to. MTV once contacted me to use one of my photos in a segment on bands of the 80s, and Ticketmaster in Europe used a photo on tickets for the band.
4. Sometimes I think I write to pay for my book habit. I read all the time, although the day job does get in the way! J
5. I got the idea for the Dave & Lida series from an old television show with Helen Mirren. The whole show it seemed like the man was cheating on his wife, but in the end, you find out that they are just playing a game.
Daisy is also doing a Giveaway, the winner can pick between Turning Tricks and Crawl For Me.
Turning Tricks by Daisy Philips
Lida Lawrence is left broke and desperate after her ex walks out on her. She needs $1,500 fast or she’ll be evicted. There is only one thing she can think of doing that will get her enough money in time, so she heads out to the Hotel Carrington looking for a businessman willing to pay for some companionship.
Dave McKenna is a salesman from out of town. He is lonely and bored. Lida picks him because he seems like a nice guy, but once she gets up to his room she finds out that Dave isn’t quite as vanilla as she thought. He offers her the whole $1,500 for a single night of pleasure and pain, but can Lida give him what he desires?
Be Warned: BDSM, anal sex, sex toys
Excerpt and Buy Link: Evernight Publishing
Crawl For Me
Dave McKenna doesn’t normally date his staff, but since Lida is leaving McKenna Industries, he decides to ask her out. On his way to do just that, he overhears her tell a friend that she would “crawl naked on her hands and knees, barking like a dog” to get his attention, and he knows she’s the woman for him.
Lida Lawrence is mortified when she realizes that Dave has overheard her boast and wants to take her up on her offer. She’d just been joking about being his puppy, but now that Dave wants to play, she has to decide if it’s worth it for a night in his arms.
Be Warned: BDSM, anal sex, sex toys, puppy play
Excerpt and buy Link: Evernight Publishing