Hello and welcome Isabella Olivia Ellis to my site. She has so graciously agreed to be interviewed.
So lets begin…
1) First, tell us a little about yourself so the readers know who you are?
My name is Isabella Olivia Ellis, but I answer to Bella or Izzy. I am 25 years old and I have a daughter who is nearly 2. I am currently planning a backpacking trip through Europe to expand my experiences and thus improve my writing.
2) What made you decide to write? Was it something you accidentally began? Or what you wanted to do? Or annoying character who refused to leave until their story was told?
I’ve been writing stories and such since I was a small child. I decided to move into erotica because it seemed fun. I wanted to write about romances with happy ever afters. And sex. Writing about sex is awesome.
3) I love hearing about first acceptances as an aspiring writer and now that I am e-published, I still love hearing about them. So tell us about that first acceptance.
My first acceptance was for The Vampire’s Bride. I spent months writing it and I was so terrified to finally submit it. Being rejected is never fun, but when you’ve put so much time into something, it can feel defeating. So, when I got that acceptance email, I almost cried from joy.
4) Tell us about your current release? Where can readers buy it from?
My most recent release is The Vampire’s Second. It is the second book of the Chosen series. It picks up where The Vampire’s Bride left off, but it also takes its own very different spin on things. It moves from the MF romance of the first book into a steamy MFM situation. It was interesting, to say the least, to move into writing a ménage.
5) What are you currently writing?
The third and final book of the Chosen series. It is titled The Vampire’s Sister. It focuses on Sloane’s sister, Emma, and her own romance. Though, there is still plenty about Caroline, Luke, and Sloane.
6) What inspires you most when you write?
I tend to write as things come to me. Since I work solely from feeling, I go by what I want to happen next to my characters.
7) What experiences have you had working with your publisher/s?
The only publisher that I am currently under contract with is Evernight Publishing, and I couldn’t rave about them enough. They’re fast, easy to work with, and author-friendly.
8) What are you reading now?
The Alienist by Caleb Carr. I’ve read it twice before, but I really enjoy re-reading books and returning to the characters.
9) What are your guilty pleasures?
French fries, terribly made horror films, and shopping on Amazon.
10) What would be your advice, if any, for other aspiring authors?
Learn about the genre in which you want to write in. When I first started writing erotica, I had no clue what “head hopping” was. I didn’t know what terms such as “HEA”, “MMF”, etc stood for. Do your homework, basically.
This is for you to talk more about yourself, leave your blogging details, site details and generally promote yourself.
Evernight Author’s Page: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/isabella-olivia-ellis/
Buy link for The Vampire’s Bride: http://www.amazon.com/The-Vampires-Bride-Chosen-ebook/dp/B007XL0E8M/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1