Hello and welcome Kellie Kamryn to my site. She/He has so
graciously agreed to be interviewed.
So lets begin…
1) First, tell us a little about yourself so the readers know who you are?
I’m a writer by day, mom to four by night. Well, I’m both all the time but they take up my time at different intervals.
SC: Hello Kellie and welcome
2) What made you decide to write? Was it something you accidentally began? Or what you wanted to do? Or annoying character who refused to leave until their story was told?
After a health scare 12 years ago, I decided to go for my dream of writing a book. I figured if I never went for it, I’d never know if I could succeed. I wrote poetry and decided to self-publish a collection which was fairly well-received, and then I turned to novel writing and haven’t stopped since.
SC: Nice to know more about you
3) I love hearing about first acceptances as an aspiring writer and now that I am e-published, I still love hearing about them. So tell us about that first acceptance.
When I got the 1st acceptance, I shrieked in joy, my kids wanted to know what was going on, and we all laughed and cried together while I spun around in my desk chair! That is the god’s honest truth, LOL So far, all my pieces have been accepted this past year, so I guess it was my time to give this whole publishing thing a go. I still get nervous sending in a submission and each time it’s accepted, I grin from ear to ear, shed a few tears, and let my besties know.
4) Tell us about your current release? Where can readers buy it from?
I have 3 that came out in the last month.
Monkeys, Sex and Other Birthday Surprises (Secret Cravings Publishing)
Going for Gold
5) What are you currently writing?
Currently, I’m re-writing/editing Book 3 in my Love and Balance series. Books 1 & 2 will be out in the new year from Secret Cravings Publishing.
6) What inspires you most when you write?
Music, movies, sometimes scenes will run through my head like a movie. Sometimes it’s just a line I hear somewhere that inspires an idea for a scene I have to write.
7) What experiences have you had working with your publisher/s?
All my experiences so far have been very good. Each publisher has been very professional, and I’ve enjoyed the process with all of them so far.
8) What are you reading now?
Trying to finish Juliana Stone’s His Darkest Salvation. Been so busy I haven’t had time to read. Next on my list is Into the Fire by Cherie Marks.
9) What are your guilty pleasures?
Chocolate *hangs head* I try not to eat it, but it’s just so good!
10) What would be your advice, if any, for other aspiring authors?
Don’t give up. Believe in yourself. If you really want to do something find a way to make it happen.
This is for you to talk more about yourself, leave your blogging details, site details and generally promote yourself.
Readers can visit with me at www.kelliekamryn.com for all the latest news on my books and buy links. www.kelliekamryn.blogspot.com for my blog posts, interviews and poetry. They can also find me on www.facebook.com/KellieKamryn or @KellieKamryn on twitter
Thanks for having me on the blog Sam!